Mr. Seyram Kofi Loh, Lectures GIS/Landscape management at the University of Environment and Sustainable Development (UESD) and a Ph.D. Student of the Institute for Environment and Sanitation Studies, University of Ghana. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, Cell phone: +233(0)249-998188/ 200-598077. Mr. Seyram K. Loh holds a bachelor degree in Natural Resources Management from KNUST, Ghana, and a masters degree in Geographic Information Science and Earth Observation from the University of Twente, Netherlands. Mr. Loh pursued short courses in Natural Capital and Biodiversity; and Global Change and Resilience from the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability, Tokyo, among many others.
Mr. Loh works in the domains of GIS and remote sensing to solve environmental issues such as biodiversity loss, landscape degradation, and climate change. His Ph.D. research is on assessing the effects of agriculture-driven land cover transitions on biodiversity in Ghana.
1. Loh, S. K., Asubonteng, K. O., & Adanu, S. K. (2022). Effects of Monocropping on Land Cover Transitions in the Wet Evergreen Agro-Ecological Zone of Ghana. Land, 11(7), 1063.
2. Nettey S. N. A., Agodzo S. K., Fialor. S.C., Marx W., Asare D. K., Loh S.K., (2016). Mango Growing Potential of Ghana: Modelling of Suitable Land Areas within Ghana’s Agro-Ecological Zones for Mango Production. Volume 4, Issue 5 (Sept-Oct, 2016), PP 50-58.
3. Antwi, E. K., Boakye-Danquah, J., Owusu, A. B., Loh, S. K., Mensah, R., Boafo, Y. A., & Apronti, P. T. (2015). Community vulnerability assessment index for flood prone savannah agro-ecological zone: A case study of Wa West District, Ghana. Weather and Climate Extremes, 10, 56-69.
4. Antwi, E. K., Asabere, S. B., Yiran, G. A. B., Loh, S. K., Awere, K. G., Abagale, F. K., Asubonteng, K. O., Attua, E. M., and Owusu, A. B. (2014). Land Use and Landscape Structural Changes in the Ecoregions of Ghana. JDR Vol.9 No.4 pp. 452-467.
1. Loh, S. K., Asubonteng, K. O., & Gyekye-Awere, K. (2019). Assessing Rural Livelihoods Under a Changing Environment: A Case Study of Wa-west, Upper West Region, Ghana. Nagao, M., Masinja, J., Alhassan, A. (Eds.). Sustainable Development in Africa: Case Studies, (pp.33-63) Denver, USA: Spears Media Press LLC. (https://goo.gl/YE6HT8).
1. Loh, S. K. (2012). Estimation of USLE C-factor using vegetation indices (VIs) for soil erosion modelling in Lake Bosumtwi Basin, Ghana (Masters Dissertation) (https://goo.gl/DW1kdS)
2. Loh, S. K. (2009). The effect of inorganic fertilizer N.P.K. (15-15-15) on early growth performance of Nauclea diderrichii seedlings (BSc. Dissertation).
Conference presentations (oral and poster):
1. Loh, S.K., Adanu, S.K. and Asubonteng, K.O, (2019). Mono-cropping Effects on Land-cover Transitions in the Wet Evergreen Agro-Ecological zones of Ghana. Awarded outstanding poster presentation at the 15th RUFORUM Annual General Meeting held on 2-6 December 2019, University of Cape Coast.
2. Loh, S.K., Asubonteng, K.O, and Awere-Gyekye, K. (2018, March). Estimation of USLE C-Factor using vegetation indices (VIs) for soil erosion modelling in Lake Bosumtwi. Oral presentation at: The 2nd ESDA Workshop on Sustainable Integrated Rural Development in Africa (SIRDA), UG, Accra, Ghana.
3. Loh, S.K., Asubonteng, K.O, and Awere-Gyekye, K. (2017, July) Protecting rural livelihoods against environmental changes through policy-based management approaches in Northern Ghana: an Application of DPSIR Framework using evidence from Wa west community. Oral presentation at: The 1st ESDA Workshop on Sustainable Integrated Rural Development in Africa (SIRDA), UG, Accra, Ghana.
4. Stewart, N., Asubonteng, K.O, Loh, S.K., (2017, May) Spatio-Temporal Dynamics of Multifunctionality in the Peri-urban Highlands of the Eastern region of Ghana. Poster presented at: The 2017 Dresden Nexus Conference on SDGs and Nexus Approach: Monitoring and Implementation, Dresden, Germany.
5 Loh, S.K., Antwi, E. K., Boakye-Danquah, J., and, Owusu, A. B. (2014, August). Community Boundary and Asset Mapping: Strategy for Effective Resource Management in Context of Climate Change Adaptation. Oral Presented at: The International Conference on Enhancing Resilience to Climate and Ecosystem Changes in Semi-arid Africa (CECAR-Africa), UDS, Tamale, Ghana.
6. Loh, S.K., and Asubonteng, K.O. (2014, August). Estimation of USLE C-Factor using vegetation indices (VIs) for soil erosion modelling in Lake Bosumtwi. Poster presented at: The International Conference on Enhancing Resilience to Climate and Ecosystem Changes in Semi-arid Africa (CECAR-Africa), UDS, Tamale, Ghana.
Mr. Loh worked with several organizations such as Navrongo Health Research Centre, USAID-West Africa, JICA, and CERSGIS over the past years.
I was a Teaching Assistant at the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Mgt. (KNUST) in 2009-10; and a GIS/Remote sensing Instructor with United Nations University – Institute for Natural Resources between 2013 – 2018
Regional Coordinator for Malaria Vaccine Project Evaluation (2019-2022)
Outstanding Poster Presentation at the 15th RUFORUM Annual General Meeting held on 2-6 December, UCC, Ghana
African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment (AARSE)
The PhD research received funding from UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) through the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) program, grant ref: ES/P011306/ under the project Social and Environmental Trade-offs in African Agriculture (SENTINEL) led by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) in part implemented by the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM).