Ishmael Lente is an Environmental Scientist and Lecturer with the University of Environment and Sustainable Development (UESD), Somanya, Ghana. He holds a PhD and an MPhil in Environmental Science from the University of Ghana, Legon. He also holds B.Ed Science degree in Chemistry. His areas of interest are in environmental pollution analysis and control, environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA), climate change (science, impacts, and adaptation) and smallholder agriculture in semi-arid regions, environmental chemistry and toxicology, Environmental Monitoring and Management, ecosystems functioning and community livelihoods, environmental government and policy research, environmental risk assessment and management, environmental quality research, environmental sustainability. In addition to his academic work, Ishmael has experience working as a senior environmental consultant for SAL Consult Limited, an Independent Consultancy Company based in Accra for over 6 years. He can be reached via email ilente@uesd,edu.gh and phone +233244105770. Ishmael is a strong advocate for Sustainable development and attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Ghana.
. PhD Environmental Science. University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
. M.Phil Environmental Science, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
. B.Ed (Science) Chemistry, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana.
1. Climate Change impacts and adaptation research
2. Environmental Pollution Analysis
3. Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
4. Environmental Monitoring and Management
5. Pollution and Pollution Control
6. Ecosystems functioning and community livelihoods
7. Environmental Governance and Policy Research
8. Environmental Risk Assessment and Management
9. Environmental Quality Research
1. Ph.D: Vulnerability and adaptation of smallholder farmers to changes in agroecosystems and climate in semi-arid regions: the case of Nandom district of Ghana.
2. M.Phil: Assessment of heavy metal contamination of vegetable crops irrigated with wastewater in Greater Accra.
1. Lente, I.; Keraita, B.; Drechsel, P.; Ofosu-Anim, J.; Brimah, A. K. Risk Assessment of Heavy-Metal Contamination on vegetables grown in Long Term Wastewater Irrigated Urban Farming Sites in Accra, Ghana. Water Quality, Exposure and Health (2012) 4 (4): 179-186. DOI: 10.1007/s12403-012- 0077-8.
2. Heavy Metal Pollution of Vegetable Crops Irrigated with Wastewater in Accra, Ghana, West African Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 22(1), 2014: 41 – 58.
1. Lente I, 2014 Risks from Heavy Metals. In. Pay Drechsel, Bernard Keraita, Razak Seidu and Robert C. Abaidoo, Human Health Risks from Wastewater-irrigated Vegetable Farming.
1. Member, International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA), Ghana.
2. Former Member of Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) -2001 to 2014
1. Carnegie Corporation of New York Scholarship for New Generation of Africa
Academics, University of Ghana, Legon, M. Phil Research Scholarships, 2010-2011.
2. Adaptation at Scale in Semi-Arid Regions (ASSAR), University of Ghana, Ph.D Research Scholarships 20151-2017