Dr. Larbi Isaac is a Fellow of the West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL). He holds a PhD degree in Climate change and water resources, and an MSc in Climate Change and Adapted Land use all under the WASCAL programme. He is currently a Lecturer at the Department of Water Resources and Sustainable Development, University of Environment and Sustainable Development (UESD), Somanya, Easter-Region, Ghana.
He is a multi-disciplinary researcher with expertise in climate change, hydrology, and agricultural-engineering. His research focuses on climate change and climate extremes, climate modelling and models applications, watershed hydrology and water related ecosystem services, remote sensing and GIS applications in water resources, hydrological modeling of surface and groundwater, and Agro-meteorology.
(a) Specialist books
1. Larbi I., Nyamekye, C., Hountondji, F. C.C., Okafor, G. C. and Odoom, P.E.R. (2021). Climate change impact on climate extremes and adaptation strategies in the Vea catchment, Ghana. In: Leal Filho W., Ogugu N., Adelake L., Ayal D., da Silva I. (eds) African Handbook of Climate Change Adaptation. Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Gewerbestrasse 11, 6330 Cham, Switzerland. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-42091-8_95-1
2. Larbi I., Hountondji, F.C.C., Bessah, E. and Hountondji. ADD INITIALS (2018). Farmers’ Perceptions and Adaptive Responses to Climate Change in the Guinea Savanna Zone, Nigeria. In: Advancing Climate Change Research in West Africa: Trends, Impacts, Vulnerability, Resilience, Adaptation and Sustainability Issues. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY, 11788 USA. ISBN: 978-1-53614-666-0
(b) Publications in peer review journals (original papers)
3. Koubodana, H. D., Adounkpe, J., Atchonouglo, K., Djaman, K., and Larbi, I., Lombo, Y. and Kpemoua, K.E. (2021). Modelling of streamflow before and after dam construction in the Mono River Basin in Togo-Benin, West Africa. International Journal of River Basin Management, doi.org/10.1080/15715124.2021.1969943
4. Larbi, I., Hountondji, F.C.C., Dotse, S.Q., Mama, D., Nyamekye, C., Adeyeri, O.E., Koubodana, H.D., Odoom, P.R.E. and Asare, Y.M. (2021). Local climate change projections and impact on the surface hydrology of the Vea Catchment, West Africa. To be published in: Hydrology Research. https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2021.096
5. Larbi, I. Bessah, E., Nyamekye, C., Amuzu, J., Okafor, G.C., Kwawuvi, D. and Asare, Y.M. (2021). Changes in Length of rainy season and rainfall extremes under moderate greenhouse gas emission scenario in the Vea catchment, Ghana. Journal of Water and Climate Change, doi/10.2166/wcc.2021.316/874844/jwc2021316.pdf
6. Bessah, E., Boakye, E.A., Agodzo, S.K., Nyadzi, E., Larbi, I. and Awotwi, A. (2021). Increased seasonal rainfall in the twenty first century over Ghana and its potential implications for agriculture productivity. Environment, Development and Sustainability. Environment, Development and Sustainability. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-01171-5
7. Nyembo, L.O, Larbi, I. and Mwemezi J.R. (2020). Temporal and spatial climate variability and change in a shallow tropical lake of Tanzania. Journal of Water and Climate Change. doi: 10.2166/wcc.2020.197
8. Larbi I., Obuobie, E, Verhoef, A. Julich, S., Karl-Henz Feger, Bossa, A. and MacDonald, D. M.J. (2020). Water Balance Components Estimation under Scenarios of Land Use/Land Cover Change in the Vea Catchment, West Africa. Hydrological sciences journal. DOI: 10.1080/02626667.2020.1802467
9. Larbi, I., J. N. Nmadu, A. S. Gana and A. Okhimamhe (2019). Analysis of food crops farmersâ€™ choice of climate change adaptation strategies in Kwara State, Nigeria, Kasetsart Journal of Social Sciences 40(2), 434â€“439. https://doi.org/10.34044/j.kjss.2019.40.2.11
10. Okafor, G.C., Annor, T. Odai, S. N. and Larbi, I. (2019). Land Use Landcover Change Monitoring and Projection in the Dano catchment, Southwest Burkina Faso. International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23953//cloud.ijarsg.445.
11. Larbi, I., Forkuor, G., Hountondji, F.C.C, Agyare, W. A., and Mama, D. (2019). Predictive Land use change under business as usual and afforestation scenarios in the Vea Catchment, West Africa, International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS, Volume 8, Issue 1, pp. ISSN 2320 â€“ 0243, DOI: https://doi.org/10.23953/cloud.ijarsg.416.
12. Larbi, I., Hountondji, F.C.C, Annor, T., Agyare, W. A., Gathenya, J.M. and Amuzu, J. (2018). Spatio-Temporal Trend Analysis of Rainfall and Temperature Extremes in the Vea Catchment. Climate, 6, 87; doi: 10.3390/cli6040087.
13. Okafor, C.G. Jimoh, O. D. and Larbi, I. (2017). Detecting Changes in Hydro-Climatic Variables during the Last Four Decades (1975-2014) on Downstream Kaduna River Catchment, Nigeria. Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 161-175. https://doi.org/10.4236/acs.2017.72012
14. Larbi, I., Gana, A. S., Nmadu, J. N., Okhimamhe, A. A. and Hima, M. B. G. (2016). Evaluation of root and tuber crop yield under the changing climatic condition in Kwara State, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Economics, Business and Accounting, 1 (2), 1-9. DOI: 10.9734/AJEBA/2016/28441
(c) Conference Presentations
15. Koubodana, H. Djannâ€™na, Adounkpe, Julien, Atchonouglo, Kossi, Djaman, Koffi, and
Larbi, Isaac (2021). SWAT-Simulated Streamflow Response to Land Use, Climate Variability and Dam Management in the Mono River Basin, Togo-Benin, West Africa. Water Security and Climate Change Conference 01-04, March 2021 Hanoi, Vietnam
16. Bessah, E. Raji, A.O., Taiwo, O. J., Agodzo, S. K., Ololade, O.O., Strapasson, A. and Larbi I. (2020). Extreme changes of daily rainfall and temperature patterns in a tropical sub-humid basin: A statistical downscaling assessment for the 21st century. Climate Change Virtual 2020. Page 21
17. Larbi, I., Fabien C.C. Hountondji, Mama, D., and Odoom, P. R. (2019). Change in climate (rainfall and temperature) extremes and implications for the Vea catchment, Proceedings of Ghana. 3rd World Symposium on Climate Change Adaptation. Akure, Nigeria, 11-13 September 2019
18. Larbi, I., Fabien C.C. Hountondji, Mama, D., and Kiai. C (2019). Climate change projections and impact on water yield and evapotranspiration in the Vea catchment, West Africa, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Water Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy Futures in a Changing Environment, 12th to 13th September 2018.
Doctoral and Masters Research Fellowship from WASCAL (2013-2019)