Dr. Lloyd Larbi is a Lecturer in the Department of Environmental Science and Education. He holds a Ph.D. in Environmental Science from University of Ghana, an MPhil in Environmental Science and a B.Sc. in Oceanography and Fisheries Science also from the University of Ghana. He has been a Guest Researcher under DEMIS Doctoral Education in Environmental Management Information Systems project at the Department of Computer Science at University of Oldenburg in Germany and Pedagogical University in Mozambique. Dr. Larbi is experienced in Ecological principles, Safety and Health, Wildlife conservation and processes involved in Risk assessment. He has provided expert advice on various concerns such as climate change adaptation, coastal zone management, waste management, aquatic ecosystem health and environmental education. He can be reached via email email@example.com and phone +233(0)242106034.
1. Climate Change Impacts, Adaptation and Mitigation Studies
2. Environmental Quality Monitoring,
3. Wildlife Conservation and Biodiversity Studies,
4. Water Resources Management
5. Environmental Stewardship and Governance
6. Disaster Risk Reduction.
7. Green Environment research
1. Larbi L., Nukpezah D., Mensah A., Appeaning-Addo K., Mose I. (2019) Stakeholders Perception and Satisfaction with Ecosystem Stewardship Education in Urban Coastal Communities. In: Marx GÃ³mez J., Solsbach A., Klenke T., Wohlgemuth V. (eds) Smart Cities/Smart Regions Technische, wirtschaftliche und gesellschaftliche Innovationen. Springer Vieweg, Wiesbade
2. Larbi, L., Nukpezah, D., Mensah, A. and, Appeaning-Addo, K., (2018). An Integrated Assessment of the Ecological Health Status of Coastal Aquatic Ecosystems of Ada in Ghana. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 26(1), 2018: 89 – 107.
3. Larbi, L., Mensah, A., Nukpezah, D., and Appeaning-Addo, K., (2018). Stakeholders Perceptions for Enhancing Ecosystem Stewardship in the Coastal Zone of Ada, Ghana. Conference Proceedings- Climate, Landuse, Mining and Sanitation for Sustainable development . February 27-28 2018, University of Ghana.
4. Larbi, L., Appeaning-Addo, K., Mensah, A., Nukpezah, D., and Mose, I. (2017). Developing a model for ecosystem stewardship education in coastal communities of Ghana. Conference Proceedings- Dialogue on Sustainability and Environmental Management. Pp 8-16, February 15-16 2017, University of Ghana.
5. Adu-Manu K. S., Larbi, L., Koomson, E., Wagner vom Berg, B., Marx Gomez, J. (2017). e-Ecosystems: Using Technology to enhance Community Stewardship. Conference Proceedings- Dialogue on Sustainability and Environmental Management. Pp, February 15-16 2017, University of Ghana.
6. Appeaning Addo, K., Larbi, L., Amisigo, B., & Ofori-Danson, P. K. (2011). Impacts of coastal inundation due to climate change in a cluster of urban coastal communities in Ghana, West Africa. Remote Sensing, 3(9), 2029-2050.
After his Ph.D. work, Dr. L. Larbi spent two years working as an Environmental Science Lecturer and the Coordinator for Campus operations at the University College of Agriculture and Environmental Studies, Bunso in the Eastern region of Ghana. He has experience also in Environmental Education and outreach.