Dr. Emmanuel Opoku Ware is currently the Director, Directorate of Internal Audit of the University of Environment and Sustainable Development, Somanya. As the Director of Internal Audit, he is the Chief Audit Executive of the University. He reports administratively to the Vice Chancellor and functionally to Audit Committee of the University Council.
Prior to his appointment as the Director of Internal Audit, he was the Principal Auditor, and Audit and Assurance Director of First Corporate Accountants and Consultants (Chartered Accountants) – Republic House, Accra and Managing Director of Opoku Ware and Co. (Financial Engineering Services Limited) Kumasi and Sunyani. Again, he was the Deputy Chief Executive Officer in-Charge of Finance and Internal Controls at Rhovanni Royal Limited, Ghana. He also worked as Business Development Manager and a Senior Lecturer in Auditing and Assurance, Taxation and Fiscal policy at the Graduate School and Research of Christian Service University College, Kumasi. He has worked with John Allotey and Associates (Chartered Accountants) from 2006 to 2012.
He has practicing experience as Lead Auditor, External Auditor and Internal Auditor from 2002 to date.
Management Sciences, Strategic Management, Public Finance, Taxation and Fiscal Policy, Auditing, Accounting Theory, Cost and Management Accounting, Advanced Issues in Financial Reporting, Public Sector Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting and Accounting for Sustainability, Financial Management, Investment and Risk Management, Corporate Finance and Financial Markets.
1. Opoku Ware. E., : Liquidity Management and its effects on profit in a Tough Economy [A case of companies listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange. International Journal of Research in Business studies and Management; Vol.2, Issue II, Nov .2015, pp. 34-66.
2. Opoku Ware E. : The impacts of investors favor Audits by same firm that prepares corporation Taxes: [A case study of Public Corporations in Ghana] that was published in Research Journal of Finance and Accounting 2014, pp. 24-29.
3. Opoku Ware E. : Company Economic Reality A Comparative Analysis and Forecasts regarding its subsequent Evolution of Financial Statement Theories and their Dynamism; Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, USA.
4. Opoku Ware E. : The Impact of Accounting Information on Management Decision-Making Process in Pharmaceutical Companies in Ghana. [A case study: Kinapharma Ltd]. Vol.2, Issue II, Nov. 2015, pp.1-25.
5. M. A. Boadu, J. Eshun, and Opoku Ware E. [July 2011]: Capacity Building in Contract Administration Key to Effective Utilization of District Assembly Common Fund Infrastructural Development. Paper presented at WABER Conference, Accra.
6. Boadu M. A. and Opoku Ware E. : Social and Political Stability, Recipes for Economic Growth in the ERA of Ghana Oil Discovery, International Journal of Development Studies, Vol. 6, Number 1, pp. 9-13.
7. Opoku Ware E. : Computerized Accounting System an Effective means of Keeping Accounting Records in Ghanaian Banks: [A Case Study of the Ga Rural Bank Ltd, Accra]. Vol. 2 Issue II, Nov. 2015, pp. 111-141.
8. Opoku Ware E. : Can predictive Business Analysis Improve performance Measurement. Journal of Accounting and Taxation [Unified Journal] Vol. 1, Feb. 2016, 001-024.
9. Opoku Ware E. : The Representation of Risk and Uncertainty in Accounting Systems Abstract of Economics, Finance and Management Outlooks, 2016, Vol. 6 [6th International Conference on Economics, Finance, 3rd-4th September, 2016].
10. Opoku Ware E. : Indirect and Direct Tax implications of every variables in the Financial Statements [A Case of Companies listed in Ghana Stock Exchange]; International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, November 2014, pp. 66-72.
11. Opoku Ware E. : The Problems with Ultra Long-Term Government Debt [A Case of Ghana Government]; International Journal of Managerial Studies and Research [IJMSR] Volume 5, Issue 3, 2017, pp. 1-4.
12. Opoku Ware E. : Layoffs to Reduce costs. The Absolute Best Way To Decimate Employee Engagement: [Cost Reduction]; Proceedings of the International Conference On National Sustainable Development Strategy/ Exhibition, IDS-Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Kumasi, 2017.
13. Boadu M. A.; J. Eshun, A. M. Mensah and Opoku Ware E. . The Effect of Migration and Related Factors on Development in Africa- Direction for Research and Policy. Journal of Polytechnics in Ghana [JOPOG], Volume 5, Number 1. pp. 152-166.
14. Opoku Ware E. [August 2010]: Mode of Business co-operation between Banks and Trust companies in Ghana. Proceedings of third [3rd] Annual Research Conference at Koforidua Technical University.
15. Opoku Ware E. . How Tax Strategy Sways Employee Trust in Ghana; Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Disaster Risk Management for Sustainable Development [DRMSD 2017] 23-25 August, Rochester Institute of Technology, Dubai University, Silicon Oasis, pp. 117-119.
16. Opoku Ware E. : Developing an application To Estimating a Covariance Matrix for Financial Risk Management [A Case of Portfolio Risk in Debts Dynamics, sustainability and management]: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Disaster Risk Management for Sustainable Development [DRMSD] 23th-25th August 2017, Rochester Institute of Technology, Dubai University, Silicon Oasis, pp. 61-66.
17. Opoku Ware E., and Rowland Dabi : Final Edition-Developing An application To Estimating a Covariance Matrix for Financial Risk Management [A Case of Portfolio Risk in Debts Dynamics, Sustainability and Management]; Paper presented at the International Conference on Education, Development and Innovation [INCEDI 2017] at the Accra International Conference Centre [Ghana] 28th-30th August, 2017 organized by the Institute of Education and Entrepreneurship Methodist University College Ghana.
18. Opoku Ware E. ( 2018) : The Application of Systematic Risk As The Models to Monitor and Manage the Ultimate Challenge to Financial Stability Using Data Analytics Software Through Visual Analytics ; published by : Asian Research & Development Wing, 1st ICCISAS-18
19. Opoku Ware E. (2018) Accounting of the deferred tax asset and deferred tax liability An analytical role in the financial Analysis of the Enterprise: A Case Income Tax , paper presented at the 1st International Conference on Contemporary issues in Social and Applied Sciences, 23- 24 June, 2018 Malaysia.
1. The usefulness of Accounting information (AI) and control system for effective small and medium enterprises performance in Sunyani Municipality, International journal of economics and finance, vol. 11, No.11; 2019/2020, pp 1-21
2. Tax compliance and small and medium enterprises (SME ) in Ghana ( A case of Sunyani Magazine Cluster of industries) , Applied Finance and Accounting Journal, REDFAME PUBLISHING
3. The External Environmental factors and operations of small business in the manufacturing Industry in Ghana . ( A case of smock / kente weaving Industry), European Journal of Business and Management (International Institute for Science, Technology, and Education ), ISSN (Paper) 2222-2839
4. Communication as a strategy for Work -based -productivity. Journal of New Media and Mass Communication (International Institute for Science, Technology and Education) ISSN (Paper) 2224- 3267
1. Accountant -Wenchi Methodist DIOCESAN Hospital 2002-2006 (full time)
2. Mr. Emmanuel Opoku Ware as Assistant Head of Finance and Administration-Broll Ghana Limited Property Services Group -South Africa, February, 2006. (full- time)
3. Senior Consultants -Applied Excel Excellence Consultancy Service, Kumasi (2006).
4. Senior Audit Manager (Auditors and Chartered Accountants) J. Allotey and Associates (2006-2016).
5. Chief Consultant Financial and Business Consultancy. (2009 to Date) Kumasi.
6. External Auditor (Consultant) Methodist Church of Ghana (2010 to 2018).
7. MANAGING Partner (Consultancy) Opoku Ware & CO. Financial Engineering Services Consults , Ghana, 2011 – date
8. Head, Accounting & FINANCE , Kings University College, Accra, (2013- 15) Full – time
9. Head / Vice Dean ,School of Business, Accounting & Finance Faulty, EP University College Ghana, HO (2016-2017)
10. Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Finance and Internal Controls) – Rhovanni Royal Limited, Ghana. (2017-2019) full-time
11. Business Development Manager (Consultant)- Christian Service University College, 2018-2020
TEACHING RANKS: (Academic Appointments)
1. Instructor – 2001 , Adventist Secondary Technical, Techiman
2. Senior Instructor 2002 to 2004 , Adventist Secondary Technical, Techiman
3. Lecturer (P/T) 2003 to 2005 , Academy of Business Administration (ABA Kumasi Campus)
4. Lecturer (Post-Secondary courses) 2005 – 2007, Ideal College, Sunyani
5. Lecturer — 2006 to 2012 , Sunyani Polytechnic, Sunyani
6. Senior Lecturer —- 2012 to 2013, Presbyterian University College, Abitifi
7. Senior lecturer — 2013 to July 2015 , Kings University College, Accra
8. ICA Ghana Examiner in Accounting and Financial Management, 2014 to date
9. DEAN, School of Business , MIT- UCC, Accountancy and Technology, 2016
10. Associate Professor in Accounting & Finance (THESIS SUPERVISOR), West Coast University, USA
11. Adjunct Senior Lecturer in Public Finance, Evangelical Presbyterian University College, HO 2016-2020
12. Adunct Senior Lecturer in Accounting & Finance, Methodist University College, Ghana, WENCHI Campus (2016-2019)
13. MSc. (Accounting & Finance), Adjunct Lecturer in Research Techniques in Accounting and Finance, Auditing and Assurance, Corporate Strategic with IDL- Kwame Nkrumah University Science and Technology. (2018-2021)
14. Associate Professor (Adjunct) of Strategic Management, Accounting and Finance by the UNIVERSIDAD PANAMERICANA (Panamerican University, Costa Rica), Calle 17, San Jose, San Jose Province, Costa Rica.
15. He also supervises three (3) Doctorial students in writing their dissertations. Finally, the past years, He taught two classes (Internal Controls and Fraud Analysis) at their Business and Technology Campus (South Africa).
1. HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
2. AG. DEAN
3. THESIS DEFENSE – CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEE
4. LEAD AUDITOR
5. LEAD CONSULTANT
6. DIRECTOR OF AUDIT AND ASSURANCE SERVICES – FIRST CORPORATE ACCOUNTANTS AND CONSULTANTS.
7. TEAM LEADER : HERP CONSERVATION GIFT AID UK
8. JICA FUNDED PROJECTS-LOCAL GOVERNMENT
TRUSCHOLAR – RESERACH AWARD -2018
1. INTERNATIONAL MEMBER- AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANS
(CPA-IL) (AICPA)- USA
2. FELLOW- ASSOCIATION OF INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTANTS, UNITED KINGDOM
3. FELLOW – INSTITUTE OF COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT , UNITED KINGDOM
4. MEMBER- INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS , GHANA
5. VISITING SCHOLAR – Visiting Scholar, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London.